Siesta Insecticide Fire Ant Bait
Siesta is an insecticidal bait for fire ant control that can be used to treat existing fire ant infestations. It is highly attractive to imported and native fire ants (Solenopsis spp.). Worker ants find the bait and carry it into the mound as food for the colony. The bait is eaten, fed to the queen, and the mound is destroyed.
Siesta Insecticide Fire Ant Bait is best applied as a broadcast treatment where foraging ants and mounds that remain hidden or unnoticed receive coverage. Broadcast treatments can be applied to the area using a hand spreader, backpack or push-type spreader. For larger acreage, spreaders can be attached to an ATV, truck, or tractor to allow for even coverage. Calibrate spreader prior to use to apply a rate of 1.0-1.5 lb./A.
- Best applied at first sign of fire ant activity
- Best applied in temperatures above 60 degrees F, when ants are actively foraging
- Best applied in early morning (no dew) or late in the afternoon
- DO NOT water in granules after application
- DO NOT apply when the ground is saturated with water or when heavy rains are expected within 12 hours of treatment
- If treated areas need to be irrigated, then wait at least 12 hours following treatment
Active ingredient: 0.063% Metaflumizone