Alligare DIQUAT HERBICIDE
Active Ingredient: Diquat Dibromide 37.3%
Diquat aquatic herbicide is a fast-acting, non-selective herbicide that controls floating, submerged and marginal aquatic weeds, even in sensitive aquatic environments. In addition to this diquat is also ideal for non-selective weed control and burn-down in turf and landscapes.
Diquat Herbicide is used to control aquatic weeds in public waters such as ponds, lakes, reservoirs, marshes, bayous, drainage ditches, canals, streams, rivers, and other slow-moving or quiescent bodies of water.
- It can be used along the edges and non-flooded areas of ponds, lakes, drainage ditches and canals.
- Once applied, it diffuses rapidly through the cuticle and then throughout the leaf tissue of the weed. The first effects can be seen within an hour.
- Complete control of floating vegetation occurs within one to five days, while submerged weeds require approximately five to 15 days for control.
- Highly active, non-selective
- Broadest spectrum aquatic herbicide available
- Low use rates
- Manages weed problems in aquatic, grounds maintenance and landscaping areas
Weeds controlled but not limited to include:
- Annual bluegrass
- Aquatic weeds
- Brazilian Elodea
- Brazilian waterweed
- Broadleaf weeds
- Carolina geranium
- Fescue sixweeks
- Frog’s bit
- Grassy weeds (general)
- Little Barley
- Pond weeds
- Water milfoil
- Waterweed Brazilian
This pesticide is toxic to aquatic invertebrates. For Terrestrial Uses, do not apply directly to water, or to areas where surface water is present, or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark. Do not contaminate water when disposing of equipment wash water. For Aquatic Uses, do not apply directly to water except as specified on this label
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. READ ENTIRE LABEL. USE STRICTLY IN ACCORDANCE WITH PRECAUTIONARY STATEMENTSAND DIRECTIONS,AND WITH APPLICABLE STATEAND FEDERAL REGULATIONS. Do not apply this product through any type of irrigation system. Do not apply this product in a way that will contact workers or other persons, either directly or through drift. Only protected handlers may be in the area during application. For any requirements specific to your State or Tribe, consult the agency responsible for pesticide regulation.